Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to take the SS in for some warranty work today. This is the third time it has been in for warped rotors and it only has 6800 miles on it! They cut them the last 2 times so hopefully they replace them this time. Also getting the steering shaft noise fixed and a new alignment.

One other thing I asked them to check is the fact that my vents blow air lightly even when the fan is off! Is that normal with the Balts?

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts

One other thing I asked them to check is the fact that my vents blow air lightly even when the fan is off! Is that normal with the Balts?
Mine does this every so often. I just keep the vents closed unless I am running the AC which is very rare.

Good Luck man, and ya....hopefully they just replace the rotors.

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Holy crap! It's done already!

They replaced all 4 rotors, replaced the steering shaft, adjusted the toe in and aligned it all under warranty! The HVAC is fine, I guess that is how it is supposed to be. I gotta pick it tomorrow morning so I just one night to enjoy the 2010 Colorado loaner! LOL

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes sir, now I have to get busy and paint my calipers. Oxidized aluminum color doesn't look to nice!

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha! I went to pick it her up his morning and found her parked between a brand new black Vette and a Brand new black Camaro! Wish I had a freakin' camera! The Balt got to spend the night with her older siblings! LOL

·
Registered
611 Posts
^^haha that's awesome and yeah my vents are always blowing a little bit even when off...

·
Registered
674 Posts
the vent thing is absolutely normal... if you have the thing off, the outside pressure difference lets air flow in thru the vent opening at the cowl, so you will feel the outside air coming in, but only at a nice pace, like 35mph or better. Only way around it, is when the Blower is off, turn your selector knob to the dash setting, and then hit the recirc button. This will close the little door between the cowl and the blower.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
It is there to bring fresh air into the car. Pushing the recirc button shuts it off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.