Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i read on a previous thread that u can bypass buying the expensive cobalt wiring harness and buy the harness for the malibu. does anyone know about this. will i lose my door chimes and other acc. or would i be better off just buying the cobalt harness

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Damn this sounds intersting ... I havent heard of this yet... maybe ask around on the other sites if someone doenst know on here .. (hate to say that)

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have seen a post that you can use the 06-07 saturn Ion harness and it works but you will lose the chimes. I will find out for sure when I get my harness in the mail. Which should be any day.
I got mine off ebay for only 6.88 shipped.
I think the only thing with that harness is you would need to run a separate power wire to a fuse to keep the memory or you can wire the yellow and red wire together but you will need to remember to turn the radio off or it will stay on all the time.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Which harness you need is determined by what stock options you have. Here are a list of them.

2005 & 2006

• Pioneer - I think you need an expensive adapter but not sure which one
  • Non-Pioneer - Metra 70-2103 or repin a Metra 70-2003
2007 & Up
  • Non-Pioneer - Metra GMOS-LAN-03
  • Pioneer w/ OnStar - Metra GMOS-LAN-04
  • Pioneer w/o OnStar - Pac C2R-GM11
Antenna Adapter
  • 05 & 06 - Metra 40-GM10 or the Scoshe MDA1B
  • 07 & Up - Metra 40-CR10 or the Scoshe CRAB (These are Chrysler adapters but work)
Dash Adapters
  • Single DIN - Metra = 99-3302
  • Double DIN - Metra = 95-3302
  • Double Single DIN - Metra = 95-3302 (ISO mount only)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.