Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can it be used on a 2.4L SS/NA? Also I read it can be adjusted "stiff" for track and "soft" for daily driving is this true? Is it worth getting? I know some will say motor mount however I like the fact it adjusts to "soft" for DD. So I might rather like that instead of a motor mount. Plus it seems to easily bolt right on or off and would be good if I had to go to the dealer. Opinions?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
im not sure what bracket design was used on the 2.4 but if its like the 2.0 and some of the 2.2's then it should fit. some 2.2's had an old style mount like the cavaliers and it wont work with them. and yes it can be adjusted "soft/stiff"

and honestly bryce if your going with motor mount and tranny mounts then dont spend the money for the stiffy. you really dont need them both. use that cash for something else.

i prefer mounts over the stiffy anyway but thats just my 2 cents

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'd get a stiffy :)laugh:) for the bolt on-off factor for the dealer so they don't void warranty or something for having a different motor mount. Plus the fact it adjusts would put less stress when I don't need it to be stiff. I'm not sure if my motor mount is the same as a 2.0 I'm trying to find out now.

Ok on gmpartsdirect.com there is no seperate mount for 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4 apparently its the same mount for all 3 so I guess it should work then?

Mount, cobalt, 2.2l, 2.4l, manual trans - 2.0l, 2.2l and 2.4l dohc - 2.0L, 2.2L and 2.4L DOHC
05-09 $106.66 $63.23

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Can it be used on a 2.4L SS/NA? Also I read it can be adjusted "stiff" for track and "soft" for daily driving is this true? Is it worth getting? I know some will say motor mount however I like the fact it adjusts to "soft" for DD. So I might rather like that instead of a motor mount. Plus it seems to easily bolt right on or off and would be good if I had to go to the dealer. Opinions?
I know it will work with the 2.4 but you have to have an aftermarket intake because of clearance issues. I know you have the GMPP intake right? Can you take a pic of the space between the intake and the motor? Then I could tell you further.

I was actually wondering if it was worth getting when I am also getting the motor mounts?
The mount basically does the same thing as the TD but better. You would not even notice the difference if you put on a solid motor mount vs the mount and TD

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it wont fit with gmpp I can always remove the box. It flows better without it anyway.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll just remove it then. I found that it performs better without it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.