Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I just inherited a 2007 Cobalt SS with the 2.4L Ecotech Engine. It was my Mom's until I lost her to Cancer last week. She wanted me to have it so her and my Dad decided to give it to me before she passed away. She loved the car but didn't drive much...it has just 5400 miles on it.

My kids named it the Screamin' Meanie (because of the mean looking stance and the throaty exhaust) A few months ago, I made a small flash file featuring the Screamin' Meanie for my Mom from the kids...

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/screamin_meanie.html

LOL...she loved it, hope you enjoy it too!

I'll post some more photos later, mainly just wanted to say hello as a new SS owner and to let everyone know what a great person my Mom was.

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
Hey there, welcome to YC.com & thanks for joining!

Just checked out the flash thing, pretty neat! Sad to hear how you acquired the car tho.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Aw, welcome to the site & so sorry for the loss of ur mom.

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
Welcome to the site... sorry to hear about your mom, its hard dealing with the loss of a loved one. Nice little video that you have there, you should post up some other pics of Screamin Meany if you would like.

Kyle

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Sorry about the loss of your Mom.. You sound like a caring young person. Seems she left you with a LOT more than just a car. There seems to be a shortage of that quality now-a-days.
Be there to help your Dad and your family,, they will need you, especially this year.
This car will be very important to you, not so much as to what it is, but rather whose it was. Take care of it and enjoy it! Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
978 Posts
welcome to yc
sorry to hear about your mom

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the welcomes and kind words! My Mom was a kind person with a big heart! I think she knew that every time I drive and enjoy the car, I would think of her! She was always thinking ahead like that!

I don't really plan on any mods, I just want to keep the Meanie clean and shiny...just the way she liked it. I will post some photos soon...right now, it is kind of a snowy mess! LOL

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Welcome to the site. I piddled my gift from my mom away ('73 Cutlass) and wish I hadn't. Take care of her and she'll be there for you.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.