Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i found a set of 4 fuel injectors + stock wiring harness for a 2005-2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged. what if i wanted and can i run them on mine. not sure on compatability and/or tuning? any input? advantages? pros/cons? price range that would be acceptable? thnx

·
Registered
257 Posts
this will do nothing unless your forced induction or have a built engine. the way an engine works is

more air + more fuel + more displacement = more power

adding a significant amount of fuel w/ no air to back it up could hurt your engine

·
Registered
869 Posts
this will do nothing unless your forced induction or have a built engine. the way an engine works is

more air + more fuel + more displacement = more power

adding a significant amount of fuel w/ no air to back it up could hurt your engine
It could possibly even cause the engine to flood. Remember, you're way imbalancing the basic equation of combustion, air/fuel ratio.

Plus I think you would put that in and your ECM might actually say wtf. There is no real tuning available for the 2.2, so it's unrealistic to think that setup is going to be working for you.

·
Registered
594 Posts
so get to building your motor up:p.It would be safer either way to build your motor,if you plan on using a supercharger or a turbo.You don't want your motor to blow up like most idiots do in Illinois,for putting a turbo on a stock civic motor.its better to be safe in my view at least.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats what i figured but wasnt sure what the lb diff was between the two. will be doing a turbo setup eventually so i might get it and just hold on to it until then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.