Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
If I can find my stock intake I'll pull mine off and sell it, $100 shipped. I can get some pics tomorrow as well

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

Pic from about a year ago when I put it on my car, I do still have the piece to put the filter down into the bumper as well, just never ran it with it on

·
Registered
949 Posts
If you can't find your factory intake, I've still got mine.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
It's around somewhere haha if nothing else I'll find a way to rig up the intake for the supercharger

·
Registered
949 Posts
I've been wondering recently if it's possible to just stick a filter right over the throttle body. Of course, that'd leave the MAF sensor out, but I'm just curious.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
It's possible I'm sure, maybe just get a short piece with the maf sensor spot and do it up that way haha

·
Registered
949 Posts
Cobalt MAF Tube

Then just pick up a short silicon adapter and you should be good to go with the shortest SRI ever made for a Cobalt! :laugh:

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I already have one of those haha, too bad the filter with my sc stuff is way too big to ever be able to fit there haha

·
Registered
949 Posts
Just gotta find one of the short ones, like the one K&N made for the Elantra!

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Is that your brother's? I did the same thing with my Injen filter before I sold it (unbolted the top half of the stock airbox and shoehorned the filter pod onto the intake hose). It didn't sound much different.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I'll just get a 45°coupler and put this on there haha

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

It's just sitting in my garage now since I don't have a truck it will work on anymore haha

·
Registered
949 Posts
Is that your brother's? I did the same thing with my Injen filter before I sold it (unbolted the top half of the stock airbox and shoehorned the filter pod onto the intake hose). It didn't sound much different.
No, my brother doesn't share this interest with me. He's somehow okay with going slow... even though he drives that thing about as aggressively as its stock from will let him :laugh:

I'll just get a 45°coupler and put this on there haha

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------
It's just sitting in my garage now since I don't have a truck it will work on anymore haha
I'd love to see that in a Cobalt's engine bay! Hahahahaha!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.