Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I'm about to get an intake and my car has SAI in it but Injen doesn't come with the SAI hookup with it. My question is would it work just fine if I install the intake without the SAI or should I go get K&N instead??

Thanks!!

·
Registered
869 Posts
If you dont have SAI compatibility then your car will throw a CEL and your car will bog down into limp mode. If you want to get any kind of aftermarket intake/header it MUST be compatible with your SAI. I would suggest K&N, but you can shop around and find whats right for you.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I've heard rumor of some other things you can do such as adding a breather or something or another, but I really know nothing of it, something to look into though perhaps...

·
Registered
37 Posts
i've heard on here and other forums that K&N is the only company that offers CAI that is compatible with SAI. Just what I was told. I'd stick with a K&N if I was you.

·
Registered
162 Posts
This is wierd. Where are you buying it from? I got mine from Neverneoughauto and it came with the hook up for the SIA

·
Registered
594 Posts
go with a K&N,I have it and I have no problems with it at all.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Its gotta be the place your buying it from, Cuz most of the injen intakes i know have the SAI. Got a link of what your looking at?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I have an AEM CAI and it doesnt have the hook up for my SAI ... i just let the lil tube rest on a piece of my motor that barely gets warm and i am fine with out it

·
Registered
79 Posts
u dont need a sai hook up with ur intake...i have a cai for like over a year now and all u need to do is get a breather or mini filter to cover the open hose of the sai... a cel might come on for a couple of days but the ur ecu adjusts wutever it has to and it goes off...ive had it that way well over a year and its fine....I dont care if nebody else says im wrong...bc if u want u can come over my house and drive my car ..

sorry i sound like a dik but i just got pulled over again.,,,, sorry ...lol

jay DuB added 0 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

aand just make sure u tie or tape the loose hose to ur strut tower or somethign so its not just flying around under ur hood

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Very good info right there ^^^

·
Registered
178 Posts
how do yu know your car has sai not all of them do. i thought mine did but it doesnt... if it does you could machine a hole to put in the sai dongle.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have the injen cai. It didnt come with a hook up for the sai. but i called the dealer and they told me it wouldnt hurt it to just be detached since it only sucks up air for a few seconds when you cold start it. I tried putting a mini filter over it and it threw a cel so i took it off so instead i used a small holed window screen to cover it just to make sure nothing would get cought up in the sai. But i used a small 2in black plastic tube that was the same diameter as the rubber ending on the sai and I sandwiched the screen between the plastic extension i made and the rubber ending. I used high power glue to secure it then i finished it off with some black high temp tape. It looks clean and the average person could never tell. Good luck and enjoy your injen.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have the Injen CAI in my car, had it for well over 2 years. Mine came with the SAI hookup. I just put mini filters on the 'em. I threw a CEL for about a week, but it went off automatically. And it doesn't bog down at all. That info is wrong.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.