Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my intake from autoeverything, apparently available doesnt mean in-stock. :rolleyes:

So here is the old engine bay:
only pic i could find of stock car =p

Then with the Injen SP intake:

The intake will fit ANY cobalt as long as its LS or LT from 05-current (far as i know), only difference is the SAI line. SAI is secondary air induction, meaning it circulates fresh FILTERED air into the exhaust manifold for emissions. If you have SAI you have to get either a mini breather filter like I did and attach it to the line after you remove the stock intake, or tap into your new intake and run the line off of that (I chose the easier way).

Back to business, the car sounds amazing!, a lot deeper tone from the exhaust in higher RPM's and NO CEL's of any kind. If anyone wants while I'm online tonight I can do a write up as I took ~40 pics during my install.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Finally got my intake from autoeverything, apparently available doesnt mean in-stock. :rolleyes:

So here is the old engine bay:
only pic i could find of stock car =p

Then with the Injen SP intake:

The intake will fit ANY cobalt as long as its LS or LT from 05-current (far as i know), only difference is the SAI line. SAI is secondary air induction, meaning it circulates fresh FILTERED air into the exhaust manifold for emissions. If you have SAI you have to get either a mini breather filter like I did and attach it to the line after you remove the stock intake, or tap into your new intake and run the line off of that (I chose the easier way).

Back to business, the car sounds amazing!, a lot deeper tone from the exhaust in higher RPM's and NO CEL's of any kind. If anyone wants while I'm online tonight I can do a write up as I took ~40 pics during my install.
Looks good.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I always like how people say they see better MPG's after an intake install...when in fact you get worse because you can't stay out of the gas :p

Looks good man, incase you didn't know...it says Injen 5 times LOL

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have been looking for months for a write up like knowing someone had figured it out. now i can get this thing and not have worry if i just wasted money buying a part i could not use. great work man!!!!!:bigsmile:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same year as you do, and am ordering the SP. Do you have any pictures or information on how you adapted it to work with the SAI?

·
Registered
45 Posts
You dont need an adapter. Just go to autozone and grab a small filter like this.(the spectre breather filter fell off mine, i suggest the one in the pic)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.