Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Het all.
Gonna be buying a new Cobalt here in the next few days. Lookin at a leftover 09 ls model. Just wondering if you guys got any pointers I should look at when getting one?

Also, I'd like a 5 speed but an a little concerned. The last 5 speed car I bought from the General was a 2000 Saturn sl2. I had lots of issus with that tranny and they even voided my warrenty on it. they said the parts that failed only fail if you rock back and forth on a hill or spin the tires on ice. I live near Chicago and on ething we have alot of here are hills and ice. Is this tranny better then the one they used to use or is it possible I may run into the same problems?

Thanks for any advice and I look forward to joinng the owners club before the end of this weekend.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I've yet to hear of issues with the F23 that the LS has except in cases where the owner went the forced induction route.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well looks like i got plenty of time Just talked to a dealer GM will not allow sale of any new cobalts till power steering is fixed. I can still go looking and even put a deposit down if i find one but can't actually buy it yet.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
if you're buying a leftover 09 ls dont go any higher than about 12 grand

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
11,988 with body kit spoiler and sport pedals. but again they won't let ma buy it bc of the recall. I may go look at it this weekend and put a hold deposit on it so it will be mine when the fix the power steering issue. I need more info on that issue like, is there a fix yet and how long will it take.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
its a recall. they just have to replace a motor that may fail. shouldn't take long at all(youre car should be a priority for them if you wanna buy it)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Where in Illinois? What dealer?

·
Registered
254 Posts
What dealer are you getting the car from? I'm in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago thats why I ask.

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
11,988 with body kit spoiler and sport pedals. but again they won't let ma buy it bc of the recall. I may go look at it this weekend and put a hold deposit on it so it will be mine when the fix the power steering issue. I need more info on that issue like, is there a fix yet and how long will it take.
Good price, and the fact they will not sell you the car until they do the recall may be a good indicator that they are a decent dealership. No problems, and no regrets with mine. I say go for it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So other dealerships are saying they can have the recall taken care of and have me in the car this weekend??? Sounds fishy to me. They are talking about the steering column, but I thought this recall was the power steering motor/pump?
Oh and I might get a better deal If i decide to use my grandpa employee discount.
36 yrs. GM retired!

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
So other dealerships are saying they can have the recall taken care of and have me in the car this weekend??? Sounds fishy to me. They are talking about the steering column, but I thought this recall was the power steering motor/pump?
Oh and I might get a better deal If i decide to use my grandpa employee discount.
36 yrs. GM retired!
they probably mean the power steering. good idea to double check though

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.