Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I put 1" tweeters in where those circular things are in the front and back on the side trim by the windows? Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Thanks for your help!
(Sorry for the lack of detail...I'm new here and not very "car lingo fluent")

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I think I know what you mean. can you post a pic of what youre talking about and I'll try to help you out

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
basically im wondering how to put a 1" tweeter in each of those and id like it if someone could tell me how to do it starting with how to take those off to installing the tweeter speakers. it would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
ooohhhh. what model do you have? unless you have and ls theres an airbag there so you dont wanna mess with that

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
if you have an ls, basically its a matter of pulling it off, rigging up a mounting bracket of the back side and running the wires up to it. im pretty sure theres a diy for pulling off the trim there...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh i have a 07 LT... :/
damn, i really wanted to put tweeters there
anywhere else where i can toss in a few small tweeters??

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
on the dash, behind the door panel... I'll take at look at mine tomorow and see if i can find anywhere decent. you want em to look like they belong there right?

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
IMO don't do it there.. that is just the access panel for the torx bolt to remove the pillar. If i was to install tweeters, I would do it on the caps for the side mirrors.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
thats what I was thinking. I'm at work though so I cant post pics yet...

·
Registered
11 Posts
i decided to go for the map pocket..or whatever the name of it is..

looks good and sound fantastic...shoved my crossovers in the door panel..plenty of room in there...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.