Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i went to zeibart to ask about dash kits to but my sony stereo in that i have in my old car. They said that theres a peice i have to have to make the car function properly? i have messed with countless stereos but never a GM stereo. so if this peice is needed and is over 100$ please let me know if there are any alternate things i can do. thank you

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
What year and model of cobalt do you have?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have a 05 ls. sorry it was so late to reply

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bump?

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Please search the forum before asking question if you don't mind...here is all the info that you need;

http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/install-guides-diy/14800-how-install-head-unit-double-din-also.html

http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/install-guides-diy/13838-how-install-aftermarket-double-din-radio-before-install.html

any other questions after checking these, hit me up. i think it's pretty self-expolanatory though. Crutchfield is the best IMO and don't be afraid to spend a little more money to make things work PROPERLY.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok cause i herd that if not done right you lose your chimes and radio... on ebay i only saw that one that was a hundred bucks and the rest were under ten so i guess thats the difference? i wanna throw my aftermarket in but i dont wanna pay a hundrend bucks to be able to ya know?

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
ok cause i herd that if not done right you lose your chimes and radio... on ebay i only saw that one that was a hundred bucks and the rest were under ten so i guess thats the difference? i wanna throw my aftermarket in but i dont wanna pay a hundrend bucks to be able to ya know?
Okay, well if you are familiar with car wiring and car audio then buy a cheaper harness but you will lose chimes and the RAP power to radio (stays on until you open your door or 10 minutes like after you turn your car off, like stock radio) but if you're not good at that and you wanna keep your chimes etc and do it properly then just scrounge for the more expensive harness. And I suggest you buy the expensive one from crutchfield because the first one they set me was defective and didn't work, and they were very quick to replace it at no charge.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.