Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I have manual locks. Want to turn them to power. I dont need the switch or anything. Just a remote.
I have a 2005 cobalt. Its base.. I want to put power locks cause I'm going to buy an autostart and where I work, its alot cheaper to get the one with power locks cause of my discount.

But yeah. How much would it run you to do? I wouldn't be installing it. I work at a Chevy Dealership.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I went to an Audio/Remote Start Installer and what he did for me was put half a remote start kit so i have a remote and it locks/unlocks my doors and opens my trunk, I have been meaning to go get the rest of the kit installed but haven't had time nor have i needed it this winter yet

·
Registered
985 Posts
Los Angeles Ca.
Paid 60 dlls for all 4D power locks and the guy added a switch free to open/close the locks from I side the car...Obviously th power locks work with the afte-market Viper alarm I have installed.
thats an awesome price!!! The actuators alone are usually $25 each, then labor

·
Registered
547 Posts
Yea man that's really cheap u got a good deal at car toys I got a quote for about 240 for power locks with a car alarm best thing to do would be to go to a local audio alarm shop and get a quote

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have a 2010 XFE manual and when I went to get my cruise control activated the door locks now lock when I take off driving. My car has 'manual locks' ,but some reason that auto lock was turned off. I'm kinda wondering if I get the power lock controls and wire it up I might have fully functional power locks!

·
Registered
985 Posts
I have a 2010 XFE manual and when I went to get my cruise control activated the door locks now lock when I take off driving. My car has 'manual locks' ,but some reason that auto lock was turned off. I'm kinda wondering if I get the power lock controls and wire it up I might have fully functional power locks!
Yeah it sounds like it should work. You might even have the wiring in the door already!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My dealership quoted me at $130 installed..
$15 a piece and then $100 for labor..
I wanna install them myself now.
Doesnt sound to hard?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yeah it sounds like it should work. You might even have the wiring in the door already!
Hopefully! I was thinking I have them in already because my car came with OnStar which makes sense because on of their main features is to unlock your door remotely. I'll have to take a closer look when the next time I remove my door panels.

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

My dealership quoted me at $130 installed..
$15 a piece and then $100 for labor..
I wanna install them myself now.
Doesnt sound to hard?

If you work at a Chevy dealership why can't you just look at their wiring diagrams and do it yourself? If you can please share and post a how to:blink1:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hopefully! I was thinking I have them in already because my car came with OnStar which makes sense because on of their main features is to unlock your door remotely. I'll have to take a closer look when the next time I remove my door panels.

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

If you work at a Chevy dealership why can't you just look at their wiring diagrams and do it yourself? If you can please share and post a how to:blink1:
Good idea. Lol I've never taken apart the door before. Doesnt seem to hard to install?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.