Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my K&N typhoon today, I absolutely love it, it only took 2 hours to install on my own and it had some serious instructions....good stuff, idk if it's just the sri or a mixture of my sri and my ss muffler, but that thing puts out some serious noise at 3500 rpm, sounds good, I'm just so tickled, im sorry if this is ordinary stuff you get outta one but I just didn't expect it at all, which brings me to my next point...what cheaper, i say that loosely, engine mods are there out there? fuel injectors? headers are outt the q, im getting those in june b4 the meet but anything else? not really looking for alotta hp gain as if i can get it but yeah...what next fellas?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2 hrs?! ahhhhh

only took about 30 mins here...?
i was the same way man! love my k&n sri!
yeah, i had a hard time with the flanged part, connecting it to the filtermabober connector, i had to keep attaching and detaching it to get it aligned correctly, and i take my time, i piddle and fart around...i'm all about the relaxation of working on my car, like to try to make it last....any other mods for me though?in the $200 range? i have my debit card in hand waiting for a part to install...haha

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I have the exact same mods(except the full ss catback) and not doing a header yet either lol. Personally, I was thinking underdrive pulley next

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the exact same mods(except the full ss catback) and not doing a header yet either lol. Personally, I was thinking underdrive pulley next
im only ss muffler, not catback, i wish though, i really have never heard of that, im new to the car scene, started modding when i got my balt in december 09 so wtf is that, and hp? noise? effect?

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
An Underdrive pulley refers to an aftermarket crankshaft or accessory pulley (such as an alternator pulley) that is designed to drive a vehicle's accessories at a slower rate than stock. Underdrive in general means the input rate of rotation in a system is greater than the output rate of rotation. However, an underdrive pulley is considered to be an accessory pulley that is larger than the stock pulley or a crankshaft pulley that is smaller than the stock crankshaft pulley, even though the accessory may not necessarily be underdriven with respect to the crankshaft pulley.

Underdrive pulleys usually are marketed as a performance enhancing item that increases the torque and horsepower output of an engine by reducing parasitic drag caused by belt-driven accessories, but more importantly by reducing the moment of inertia. Horsepower gains from underdrive pulleys alone are usually minimal, 1-3 wheel horsepower depending on the engine.

straight off wikipedia lol. Personally I'll probably just go for a lightweight pulley

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
An Underdrive pulley refers to an aftermarket crankshaft or accessory pulley (such as an alternator pulley) that is designed to drive a vehicle's accessories at a slower rate than stock. Underdrive in general means the input rate of rotation in a system is greater than the output rate of rotation. However, an underdrive pulley is considered to be an accessory pulley that is larger than the stock pulley or a crankshaft pulley that is smaller than the stock crankshaft pulley, even though the accessory may not necessarily be underdriven with respect to the crankshaft pulley.

Underdrive pulleys usually are marketed as a performance enhancing item that increases the torque and horsepower output of an engine by reducing parasitic drag caused by belt-driven accessories, but more importantly by reducing the moment of inertia. Horsepower gains from underdrive pulleys alone are usually minimal, 1-3 wheel horsepower depending on the engine.

straight off wikipedia lol. Personally I'll probably just go for a lightweight pulley

cost? and is it a diy or you need to have it done? lol. sorry for the newb q's

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ive went over the list for the under 100, ive done every single one that applies to my car...except my headrests !!!>.> ryder and i are going down to barretts tomorrow at noon, i may see what they have, may get a new head unti, idk...or something else....i dunno yet, i want sound or performance though..lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.