1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Probably 2 cats to meet the higher emissions standard for '08?

What is the outside diameter of the pipe on your original 2.4 DP? My 07 2.4 DP has a 2" OD pipe diameter.

What's with the dancing in the middle of the video...LoL!

You need a Cat-back exhaust now...

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Probably 2 cats to meet the higher emissions standard for '08?
I'm not gonna fail emissions now am I?

What is the outside diameter of the pipe on your original 2.4 DP? My 07 2.4 DP has a 2" OD pipe diameter.
dunno didn't measure

What's with the dancing in the middle of the video...LoL!
:lol: cause it took us like 3 hrs to do the job and it was our first real mechanical work on a car and we completed it without giving up. we had to work around this stubborn heatsheild that wouldnt come off.

You need a Cat-back exhaust now...
no =P my exhaust will be too loud then

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ones that are nyc noise law compliance?

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Well I'm not too sure about NYC's noise laws but I know the GMPP touring is pretty quiet. If your really worried about it. Just buy a stock SS/SC exhaust

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
the LE5 has 2.50 piping except the pipe behind the axel is 2.25 so all I really need is a muffler and custom piping for that 2.25. GMPP is a downgrade as its all 2.25. The only restriction I'd have left is the exhaust manifold. But I don't want an aftermarket one as it will throw a CEL. The gmpp one I read is a waste of money. So I guess I'll just leave it stock.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Oh, really I didn't know the 2.4 had that big of piping.. Well your probably good then. All a muffler is going to do is make it louder.. I'd say just get a header and call it a day!

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Then I'd get a CEL and voided warranty

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
No you wouldn't... haven't done much research on headers have ya bud? I have a the racing solution header, LSJ DP and a corsa sport cat-back And still have not had a single CEL. and your warranty will not be voided by a header.. A header cant really do any damage to an engine since its just where the exhaust exits.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well after the 3 hr struggle yesterday I really dont wanna go thru it again and the header willl prob be worse :lol:

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Well after the 3 hr struggle yesterday I really dont wanna go thru it again and the header willl prob be worse :lol:
lol It took me about 35 minutes to install my LSJ DP. Including jacking up the car.. Get the 3 bolts that bolt up to the manifold/header from the top and the 2 on the cat-back from the bottom..

I wrote up a how-to on installing the header if you ever decide to..

·
Registered
750 Posts
Did you even jack the car up? That would have given you a lot more room to work. Also I love the technique of hitting the end wrench with the socket wrench instead of just using the socket wrench and holding the exhaust LOL.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yea and it was hard to get off

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
i said i jacked it and used a socket wrench but my jack doesnt go that high especially now. it started leaking fluid after

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.