Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Installed New Pedals

5K views 40 replies 26 participants last post by  bbrewbaker 
#1 ·
I just installed aluminum pedals with the raised rubber inserts.
I got them off ebay for $40 shipped from China. They are listed for a Mazda 3 but also fit other cars.
These are the ones that you drill hole and bolt on. Not the cheep Auto Parts store ones that clamp on.

See less See more
#7 ·
looks good man! I have the pedals that "clamp" on... I later bought the drill style peddals because I thought the clamp on ones are going to fall off...

Long story short I tried to remove the clamp on peddals and there was no way in hell they were coming off :laugh: so I returned the drill through pedals :laugh:

#8 ·
The clamp on ones are ok as long as they don't come loose.
I had the Auto Zone ones on my 02 Sunfire when i gave to my sister in 04. What happened since the brake pedal was wider then the car's pedal it enden up bending and causing it to loosen up. Then ended up roating with out her noticing it. And ended up over the gas pedal.
The result was 3k in damage to the rear end. She was backing down our driveway went to hit the brake. The clamp on the back of pedal hit the gas cauisng her back up over the sidewalk and in to a tree.
Also this happened the day after she got her license.
I'm just glad it didn't happen when she was driving.
So any pedals we get now even if they are clamp on ones i'll drill holes and bolt them on.

#20 ·
Thanks. That the direction that going for as far as mods.
I want to look clean and like it belongs.
The mats i on;y put in because I had them laying around. They might be replaced with OEM rubber mats.
Yeah, definitely get some that fit. OEM ones would look good and make the pedals stand out more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.