Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to thank all the video and DIY authors out there. I was able to replace the sway bar links, bushings, struts and shocks on my fairly recently purchased 2009 Cobalt LT. Struts and shocks took about 4 hours total going slow on a Sunday. Sway bar links and bushings were done the week before and took about 2 hours. I spent more time shopping for and buying some new air tools than the actual work.

I used Gabriel Ultra Shocks and Struts. AC Delco Sway bar links and bushings.

For anyone that needs them, Rock Auto has the struts on clearance from one of their suppliers for $61 per strut. I thought it was a really good deal. With the $25 shocks, I was able to upgrade all four corners for < $200! I checked last night and they still had some of the sale units. Since it is closeout, they do only come with a 30 day warranty.

Ride before and after updates is night and day, so much smoother and better control. And bonus, it reduced the rattling in the dash and doors immensely!

If you're debating, I would recommend the Gabriel struts. It did raise the car maybe an inch but I was replacing 12 year old original shocks and struts.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just got the Gabriel Ultras for my '06 Cobalt LT sedan. Autozone had them probably the cheapest at $25.99 for the rears and $37.99 for the fronts. I never noticed how easy the rear shocks were to replace. I still need the front struts and control arms. I would say the rear shocks did raise the back a little. In my case I'd like to lower the ride height. Not sure if I'd actually like daily driving it afterwards though. I'm going to try getting the front struts and mounts in the next couple of weeks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts