Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 cobalt LT coupe.. i already have the factory spoiler on it, I'm looking to get an ss wing, do i need to drill new holes for the ss spoiler or can i just mount it with the old spoiler holes?? thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I doubt the trunk lid is different on the SS. If you open your trunk you will notice that frame has cut outs for the holes, so I imagine the same holes are used.

·
Registered
709 Posts
My Cobalt LT doesn't have a wing. Is it possible for me to install one by drilling holes? Which type would look better on a 4-door?
None. Wingless FTW you lucky bastard!!!! I'd ship you mine for free if the trunk woudn't need to be repainted if I take it off haha

·
Registered
353 Posts
It's FWD car!!!!!
FWD has no bearing whatsoever on a wing for down force and stability.
The low rise that came stock on mine will do it. But I would not want to go 130+ without a wing.
Only reason I'll leave mine on. These cars look so sexy wingless!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I installed stock wing from a donor car on my ls sedan. Easy enough job. Indentation already there for location of holes in the trunk. Toughest part was waiting for primer and paint to dry.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
^I agree it screams ricer, esspecially on a base balt (no offense to those of you that have SS with the highrise) just my opinion. Same reason why I refuse to do my cat back. But do what makes you feel good, not any of us!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.