Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 12" rockford sub, amp and all the wiring i was told to pick up, i just dont know how to put it all in.. i got a friend who know how but has been too busy. and i guess im just getting tired of waiting... any one have any addvice? all im puting in is the amp and sub, not a new deck or door speakers.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Welcome to the site!

My advise is to wait for your friend.. If you don't know how, its a but difficult to explain over the computer..

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Yeah it would be hard to explain and if you really cant wait take it to an audio shop. i cant imagine them charging more then 75$ to install it. Probly 50$ cause the battery is inthe trunk, its a 10 minute job.

But you do have an ftermarket head unit right? Because you cant hook a sub up to the stock radio.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Yeah it would be hard to explain and if you really cant wait take it to an audio shop. i cant imagine them charging more then 75$ to install it. Probly 50$ cause the battery is in the trunk, its a 10 minute job.

But you do have an ftermarket head unit right? Because you cant hook a sub up to the stock radio.
yes you can, you just need a line converter to convert the signal from the rear speakers to RCA

·
Registered
43 Posts
The first thing you need is wire strippers and a brian cause you can mess things up, mount the amp to one of the fold seats with some screws, then once you have the amp mounted run the power wires from the battery what you need is a small nut that will fit over the power connector, next run it to the fuse then from the fuse run the rest of the power wire to the amp DO NOT CONNECT THE POWER WIRE, next thing you need is take the bolt of one your fold down seats in the trunk and bolt the ground wire to it, then run the Blue RMS wire to front of the car to a 10 amp fuse block you can just stick the bare wire in and plug the fuse back in, next you are going to next you are going to need to run your speaker wires to the sub box from the postive and negative out puts on the amp make sure postive goes to postive on the subs and negative to negtiave on the subs then hook up your power wire, if you dont have a deck then you are going to get a converter from walmart and spice into your back 6X9's wires and run it to the converter then from the converter to the subs with pre output wires you will have to adjust the converter to get sound to come out, once you have it done and everything is grounded propely on the amp then turn start the car and listen to sound of subs arent they wonderful im at work with nothing to do so i wrote this up lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.