Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

so this is my first post. I'm not gona make a big story about it but I have a 2006 Ls sedan cobalt, automatic, nothing except A/C. It's my daily drive, but I also have a 2006 zx-6r for fun ;)

I Have a 2006 cobalt LT here that is going to the graveyard. It has a pioneer sound system with the speakers and the subwoofer.

My question is: What do I need to make the subwoofer work? I know there is a stock amp near the firewall. But I don't have the factory head unit on my car installed right now. Would I be able to make it work?

Also, the tweeters on the doors, is it plug and play?

and is the factory head unit different then mine? I can't see any difference?!

thanks!

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
all I did was put the stock sub into my car and then run an aftermarket amp to it. sounds awesome.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice cobalt did you paint the front bumper black like that yourself
thanks, yes I did, it's only plasti-dip. so it was a tester kinda setup.

And btw, I had to buy a used aftermarket amp for 30$( great deal) to make this setup work.

The connectors are different for the speakers, but nothing that a little snip snip can't do.

The sound is amaaaaazing campared to the rubish factory audio system.

thanks anyways guys :)

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
thats something i never seen before! i like how it looks even though i wouldn't dare doing it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
still not sure on this setup, I'm waiting for my suspension drop to come in, but I don't think it's going to make a difference.

Kinda looks odd I don't know

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
it'll probably have to grow on you to like it. at least its only plastidip!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.