Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have pics of the actuator installed on the front doors. Or good instructions of front door installation. Thanks for any help.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
bboy has a thread i believe. and let me look to see if I have a pic of mine or not.....

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

I found this pic from bboytaktix

http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss210/bboytaktix/Audio Build/TodaysPics004.jpg

Mine are located in about that same place but inside the door shell so you can't see them with the door panel off.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I installed them this weekend. I bought a kit off ebay for $30.00 with shipping. The only other thing I bought was $4.00 worth of self tapping screws and 4 metal clamps from home depot. It took about 4hrs to do it.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
def picks.

so did you have to buy the harness and everything for the door from a cobalt that had power locks? or did you just hook up a toggle switch?

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
For mine I bought a kit form autoalarmpro . com and they have good quality stuff. Came with everything you need and detailed instructions on what wires to tap in the car and where they are. I wish I had a pic of my actuators installed but I forgot to lol. Pretty much the same spot as the pic I posted but not visible behind that metal panel.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
but how do you control the power locks? remote, switch, or both?

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
The kit I purchased came with a keyless entry system so I use a remote for the locks and trunk. I have no switches inside the car.

Not sure what OP has for his set up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.