Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here installed power locks on their balt, I have the LS base model with no power locks and wanted to get it done but noone here wants to do it bc their(scared) so I needed to know what kit did you use and where can I find one? Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
I paid a shop to do it, cost me 100$ and came with a lifetime warranty on parts and labor. This was to do 2 doors of course, not 4 but I thought it was well worth it, I didn't want the hassle of trying something I'd never done before!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I paid a shop to do it, cost me 100$ and came with a lifetime warranty on parts and labor. This was to do 2 doors of course, not 4 but I thought it was well worth it, I didn't want the hassle of trying something I'd never done before!
did you have to get whole new door panels too?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I don't think you need new door panals...i have a friend who does it for 100 bucks...and i have a four door. but the thing is he puts the switches in an odd spot...he puts them near the trunk release button..

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't think you need new door panals...i have a friend who does it for 100 bucks...and i have a four door. but the thing is he puts the switches in an odd spot...he puts them near the trunk release button..
Where's your friend located? lol.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Would it be easier to find a 4dr model with power locks that is being parted out and get the stock parts off it to install? I know not everyone has access to a car thats being parted but theres one in my area and I wondered how hard the stock units would be to install. Hopefully the wiring would already be in the door to accomadate.

·
Registered
317 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.