Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so this is a question towards the cobalt owners that bought a cobalt non sc or tc and in the future modified the engine. did you report it to the insurance company? or what happens if you get into an accident ? is all of that covered or do they not do anything about it since you never told them?

And can you get insurance on everything else? car radio , speakers , wheels and tries or anything else you modified??

THANKS

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
thats kinda part of the idea.. you mod it so you have the power you want w/o paying the rediculous ss/sc and ss/tc insurance rates

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats kinda part of the idea.. you mod it so you have the power you want w/o paying the rediculous ss/sc and ss/tc insurance rates
go ya!! where i live people are literally retarded and do not know how to drive. so thats y i always question it. just wondering if it has ever happened to anybody before and what exactly do they do

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
yea.. the insurance costs are all thats really holding me back from an ss right now.. I will probably wait until i turn 20 or 21 before that happens so hopefully there are some decent sporty cars out by then (balt or not idk)

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
go ya!! where i live people are literally retarded and do not know how to drive. so thats y i always question it. just wondering if it has ever happened to anybody before and what exactly do they do
Never tell them about any power adders. Now, any extras like stereos and such they willnot reimburse you anyway. So if it get totaled, just buy it back if you can, check your state as some states do not allwo buy backs. If you can buy it back, buy it and strip it. If you cannto buy it back, thenonly put on what you can remove in the tow yard.

Based on very recent personal experience. Anyon eneed parts for a 2000 Dodge Ram??

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
my stereo is insured with state farm, i get up to $1500 extra coverage complimentary or some shit is what they told me

·
Get Out The Sawzall
1,856 Posts
I get $2000 complimentary coverage on audio with Progressive and when I had Allstate my stereo was stolen and all I had to do was produce my receipts and they covered $2500 worth.

Never report power adders unless you have a huge amount of money tied up, I had $10K+ invested in my Nova and I had additional coverage because I wanted it, if it is not reported you do not pay for it but you also only get what the value of the car is, The insurance company does not care and will not give you an additional say $2500 for a turbo upgrade unless you have been paying for it.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Actually, Ive been looking into insurance rates for an SS/SC and (for me) its only 83 bucks or so MORE than what Im paying now per 6 months. not too shabby.

but to the OP, yeah dont report any mods.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
The SS/SC didn't cost me that much more than the G5 in insurance rates.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.