Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have 07 lt coupe when i bought it the guy had installed an intake and now i need to clean it my question is how do i know when it's clean what color will it be after i rinse it and would it be smart to use like a blow dryer to dry it? any info helps lol i have never seen a clean one before lol :embarrest:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i did i went to autozone and bought it but as far as knowing when it's clean that's my problem cuz ive never seen one before when i got the car it was like red and dirty and i drove on it like that but now it's making my car sluggish so i'm cleaning it...is it supposed to turn white or will it just turn red cuz now it's like a redish pink color and how do you know when it's time to replace the filter completely? sorry a lot of questions i know lol

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol oh so it's just a judgement thing i thought it had to be like a specific color or look a certain way lol ok thank u guys so much!!

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Once you are done cleaning it per instructions let it dry, time depends on temp and humidity. Try to plan on it drying overnight, it should be a light gray color after cleaning and the follow instructions for the oiling of the filter.

·
Registered
122 Posts

If you do it properly it will be this color after you spray the oil on it. dont go crazy with the oil either you could damage your mafs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.