Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I bought a used 2.4 IM that came off a 2.4 so it has gaskets and that's it. CED quoted me:

PCV plate $ 11.17
Hose $ 49.15
Spacer plate $ 24.75
Spacer plate gasket $ 6.50
You should be fine with out the bolt
$50 seems steep for a hose, but the rest seems legit. any ideas why the hose is so much? Should I just get it, or is there another way?

Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Can you reuse the hose from the 2.2 mani? If not what is so special about it? I would use generic vacuum hose.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's what I'm not sure about. And to the best of my knowledge, no you have to get another as it is a length thing.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Go to an autoparts store and get the proper diameter and length. Or you can go fancy and find a speed shop and get a length of braided stainless hose and make the engine bay look swoopy.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the original hose has to be cut and the new attaches to lengthen if I'm reading the directions right, how should I mend the 2 together?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
The 2.4 hose is a two-piece hose with a connector in the middle. The 2.2 Hose is a one piece hose with a special connector on the end -- that cant be used on the 2.4 manifold, the connector doesn't work and the hose isn't long enough to fit on the 2.4 manifold. The factory 2.4 hose is pre-shaped...you can disconnect it in the middle then cut the your 2.2 hose where it comes over the transmission and then insert the 2.4 hose half into the 2.2 hose.

A piece of hose (5/8" ID I think) will work too but it will not look factory since it won't go around the engine accessories like the factory pre-shaped 2.4 hose does.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
interesting...so how would I attach a non factory hose to the original 2.2? would just a hose coupler work or would it restrict flow too much?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
2.4 and 2.2 hose IDs? Yes they are. I put a 2.4 mani and 2.4 hose on my 06 LS -- used the instructions from CED to cut and connect the hoses...actually, I wrote the instructions for CED...no kidding...LoL! The pictured engine was mine.

A hose coupler will work if you want to use a generic hose. As long as the center of the coupler is non-restrictive it will work fine - by restrictive it shouldn't be any smaller than necessary to insure a good seal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.