Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get a short ram intake but its hard to find ones for the cobalt. If you have one, tell me about it, like how much it was, where u got it, and if u like it.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I believe they are available for order/shipment now.

·
Registered
720 Posts
It's great to support vendors, but when you're on a budget it's nice to find a good deal on used items as well. I got an Injen for $120 shipped and it was in great shape. Check out the classifieds here and on CSS.net to find a good deal if you don't want to buy new.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i thought the k&n typhoon was a cold air intake not a short ram?

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
i swear this whole week 50 of this same question got posted for crying out loud there's a sticky topic how can it be missed? *sigh*

"please use the search button before starting a new thread. a lot of common questions can be answered by doing a little research first."

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
i swear this whole week 50 of this same question got posted for crying out loud there's a sticky topic how can it be missed? *sigh*

"please use the search button before starting a new thread. a lot of common questions can be answered by doing a little research first."
Lol, still we want NOW kind of responses sometimes!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Everyone just needs to buy the intake that i made and be happy lol. Man i should get commission on this product for autozone :p Ive got 2 people already that bought and made there own
i would prolly do this, but..... i like the heat shield from the k&n and with your intake i would have to make my own heat shield if i wanted one. and in my view the heat shield is a major improvement.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
some one needs to fabricate one cause i dunno how i cant find anything around the house besides cardboard but heat might go thru it. but i want one lol

·
Registered
317 Posts
some one needs to fabricate one cause i dunno how i cant find anything around the house besides cardboard but heat might go thru it. but i want one lol
if i had some spare time and dollars i could fabricate one out of some alum. sheet. the only problem i see is that the rubber seal i see on the top could i just use weatherstripping from the autoparts store, or is that stuff going to melt under the hood

·
Registered
130 Posts
Ya know. I totally for got about the heat shield. Twisted's DIY is ridiculously easy though, and I think tomorrow I'm gonna try and fabricate one

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I dont even have a heat shield on mine. You really don't need it IMO. But if thats the case just go to a sheet metal place and have them make you one for like 10 dollars. You add that all up and it will come to like 95. Still cheaper then any other intake you will find

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I've had mine on for about 3 years now and nothing has worn down. Nothing melted. The heat with this intake is not a factor. Like i said a second ago you dont need it The K&N shield IMO is just a flashy thing. Makes you happy because it looks bigger and comes with that big shield. lol

·
Registered
317 Posts
no it blocks some of the hot air from the intake, and thats the whole point IMO. i wasnt talking about something on your intake, i was asking if i used weatherstripping to seal my heat shield against the hood will the weatherstripping melt

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.