Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched around for a bit but I did not find an answer to this:

I have an 08 Sport, LE5 motor (2.4L NA) and I am planning on piecing a supercharger kit together over the next year (please don't make this into a debate about TC over SC....) and I am wondering whether it would be worth the money to get a CAI for the time being. I am looking at getting the Injen intake, but I want to know if this will be used at all when I supercharge it. Will I have to get a new intake system?

Thanks

·
Registered
152 Posts
worth it? maybe. i was looking at them before i got mine and wasn't sure if it was worth the 300$ for a 2 foot long piece of mandrel bent piping but i got lucky and picked up a used injen on craigslist for $100. if i were you, i would probably wait but thats just me, i only got one because i have no idea what i'm doing for performance yet 'n i like the tone it gives it when you mash on the gas

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Just wait it out, unless you have the $250 for that 5-7 extra hp, I'm 85% sure you'll need another intake. I guess you'll need to wait for one of the more oriented guys to chip in.

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
If you are going to do the swap you will need an entirely different Intake. The 2.4/2.2 intake and the 2.0 intake are not the same.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am now thinking that I will stay with the NA motor. Too much time and money for something that....albeit is awesome....is not for me right now. Do you guys recommend getting an aftermarket intake or GM parts? GM Parts Direct has the intake (part number17800653) for the 2.4 for a bit lower than Injen, which is what I am thinking of going with if I do not get the GM part. What do you think? Pros/Cons?

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
aftermarket. better+cheaper

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.