·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone kno who much horses you get with the different cold air intakes

·
Registered
186 Posts
most give you 6.6hp gain if you have a 2.2l .... depends on what car you have with s/c or t/c it's more... look some up online and look

·
Registered
20 Posts
You'll be walking SRT-4's in no time with the airbox mod

Seriously, you'll just notice more noise and slightly better throttle response. Or if the car is supercharged, the whine from the superairblowerthing will be a lot more noticeable.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
yeah chris my intake is so loud. and the throttle response is alot better

deff worth one

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
dunkinuts on css.net proved a 12whp increase with a k&n typhoon on a dyno

·
Registered
610 Posts
not that anyone will be able to get a k&n typhoon intake again, but did he has an SS right?

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
nope same car as me cept coupe (literally even the same color car lol) and has just an intake.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
You did it wrong then.... :blink: Intakes don't decrease performance.... :laugh:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
THe 2.4 k&N is still available.. At costs a little more, but it will still work on the 2.2 and 2.4
are u sure about that

·
Registered
673 Posts
Not to argue, but I can "prove" any number on a dyno with some dyno tweeking and a few creative tricks.

I wonder if the dyno runs were done on the same day? same dyno? back to back? same weather (heat/humidity)? any fans aiding cooling? hood open hood closed? etc etc. All these things can cause huge swings on a dyno.

·
Registered
78 Posts
so are u sayin u can use a 2.4 intake on a 2.2

·
Registered
78 Posts
ok ya i can still find the 2.2 kn ones but which would be better prolly does really affect it

·
Registered
610 Posts
ok ya i can still find the 2.2 kn ones but which would be better prolly does really affect it
the k&ns have been on back order for months. this has already been discussed in another thread.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.