Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I looked around before I posted, didn't see anything regarding a question I have. My check engine light has been going on and off for about a month or so now giving me the code P0135, o2 sensor, can anyone tell me where that is located? I have a custom exaust and an intake, and both have been in for 3-4 years now, and never had a problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks all

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
That code is for the heater element of the first O2 sensor just before the kat converter. These will eventually burn out like a bulb,,but you might just have dirty contacts. I suggest first disconnecting it cleaning contacts as best you can and apply dielectric grease and reconnect . Try it if you still get the code you probably need an O2 sensor.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information, I will try that. Appreciate your help, just wanted to make sure it had nothing to do with the intake

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

Any ideas on price? I looked on ebay and it ranged from $30-$50? I thought it was like $10, maybe I am wrong

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
125+ @ dealer.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Seems to me the connection is inside the car so you have to the remove grommet from floor panet then pull on wire until connector comes through. Then you can disconnect and inspect. Reverse the procedure to close it up.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I will try your solution Coby because the mysterious light went off again. So, that seems like a logical solution.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.