Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before i ask i already went threw and read the intake sticky. But this is more to ask for opinions and such. I was eyeing this Weapon R Secret intake CHEVY 2005-08 COBALT 2.2L ECOT: eBay Motors (item 110475724990 end time Jun-29-10 00:55:46 PDT) because of the price. I was also looking at the airbox mod, and considering doing it (should my stepdad let me :/ ) and when i get the money, move to that. I know its been asked, but for the airbox mod. Water is not an issue right? I live in the desert, and it does hardly rain, but i want to be sure, since my dad takes this on road trips to wetter places. And as for the intake, is that a good one, or is there something that i can find that may be better 300 or lower? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Forgot to mention i have an 08 LS 2.2

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not really one for the cold air intakes. I'd prefer one that has the GMPP or K&N style. And is the airbox mod worth the time, or just leave it until i replace the intake?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You do have a point there, i spent alot of my class time, readng about it in a few threads. And it seems pretty hard for water to really make it in there, unless you where really trying to.

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

Is this the part/model number the the injen that you may be referring to? SP7024 the can either be CAI or SRI? IF so then thats perfect. I looked into you car thread and it looks the same.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome then, so now all i need is money and permission.... i hate owning a car in someone else's name :/

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
^^^^^^^i second that haha i have done the air box mod its worth it def with a k&n drop in filter until you get an intake and i'd def go with the injen because you can run the SRI during the winter and the CAI during the summer or get the hydro shield

·
Registered
439 Posts
^^^^^^^i second that haha i have done the air box mod its worth it def with a k&n drop in filter until you get an intake and i'd def go with the injen because you can run the SRI during the winter and the CAI during the summer or get the hydro shield
x2

I plan on getting the hydra shield. 30 bucks is well worth it. Depending on your bumper you should be fine in winter with the hydra shield only

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have the one with the 3 lower grills. They all have openings in them so i need to watch out. I am in the process of looking for a body kit or the whole ss body kit

·
Registered
21 Posts
u can most def. get an Injen for under 300, waaaaaay better than the "weapon R" lol.. i LOVE my injen. love it love it. but now i must confess i didnt know anything about a "hydroshield" but sounds like something i need to get!! about a month ago, one morning i went out to leave for work after a night of a lot of heavy rain and my car cranked up fine but as soon as i pulled out of my driveway and got on the road my car cut off. come to find out a lot of water got into my intake over night so we took it off and let it dry out and it worked fine after putting it back on!! lol crazy crazy

·
Registered
567 Posts
Hydroshield.....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So wait, the injen cai sits under the headlight? Thats not so bad, seems a bit hard for water to get there. Also seems like its hard for water to get in with the airbox mod also, but don't know why i'm so worried, i live in the desert :/

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yea, its not that bad. Just damned hot. Though it is raining here and i hit a monstrous puddle couple of hours ago, was doing 40 and it pulled me down to 30 o_O

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.