Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to make an intake using the stock airbox but getting rid of that resonator going into the TB... So I WTB the tubing necessary for this... I can't find it in ANY auto parts store around here. If some one did this and can get me the right sized tubing and elbows and keep it under $50 I'd love you forever. lol I doubt much response to this lol

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
crap. yeah i was looking around and its like $6 for piping, okay... then the elbow was like $25. I was like "okay... no." with shipping and everything it would be rediculous and if it doesn't fit right then I'm screwed. and to me $200 for some aluminum tubes is crazy.

·
Registered
84 Posts
the one i can try would prob cost you around 50 maybe a little more like 50-75 if you only want it to go to the stock airbox. have you takin the resontor off from under the passsenger headlight?

·
Registered
84 Posts
oic yeah i know wat you mean. have you thought about just doin a intake system? like a short ram intake?

TechOne added 0 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

yeah ill try and make some piping and make it run the the stock air box and see how you like it. i should be able to post some pics too.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
okay thanks A LOT!!!! as far as the tube for the PCV I know someone who can weld a thing for it to connect to, unless you want to take a whack at it.

Snake890217 added 2 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

unless i can get a little filter like i saw in the pics of yours.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

·
Registered
102 Posts
You dont really need a cold air intake. just find a ram air because you have to cut it to make it fit to your air box anyways. Depends on what part of NJ you are from and willing to drive to meet me I can help you with the whole thing. just buy the intake from ebay and while your down here we can get everything else you need and ill put it together for ya. I live near York Pa. 17404 area code.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Place your bid on that one and if you want I can get the other things you need and ship them to you. The other parts you need would run me about $25 and plus shipping of course. As long as that intake is 3 inch tubing.

·
Registered
62 Posts
what 90' elbow part did u buy from pep boy's? whats the diameter?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Ok the 90 degree elbow with a 3 inch diameter was $12.99 I believe and the red coupling or black was $7.99 I believe then you have the tax so somewhere around $24 plus shipping

Billkisme added 1 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

what 90' elbow part did u buy from pep boy's? whats the diameter?
Im not sure what the part number was but its just a 90 degree elbow and its 3 inches

·
Registered
62 Posts
thanx! i'll buy it tomorrow!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.