Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay i'm so new at this and i've been trying to catch on as quickly as i can. i have a question...i have a '07 sedan cobalt. the area i live in is basicly dirt. i live on a dirt road and at the house it's becomes REALLY muddy when it rains and sometimes we have dust storms. so...which intake is best for me and also the brand. i was thinking of going with K&N..? PLEASE HELP ME!?!?!?

·
Registered
446 Posts
K&N would probably be the best route as they offer a drycharger for their filters, another route would be AEM since they have the non-oiled air filters. Don't know about Injen though, you would probably have to buy a filter from AEM to keep the contaminates out of the engine.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Why doesn't anyone ever suggest the GMPP SRI INTAKE? I have one and it performes well. I don't have it on my car currently because I'm looking to get rid of my cobalt for something newer. But it was a nice intake.

·
Registered
450 Posts
not a big fan of GM performance parts. i have an AEM CAI and I love it. but i am thinking about switching to the injen simply for the fact that it can be a CAI or a SRI. but i do know that the injen uses an oiled filter in which case i'll be keeping my AEM dryflo if i decide to switch. but ima is right an intake is an intake, you're gonna get about the same results from any good named part.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Why doesn't anyone ever suggest the GMPP SRI INTAKE? I have one and it performes well. I don't have it on my car currently because I'm looking to get rid of my cobalt for something newer. But it was a nice intake.
The GMPP intake is good, but is not as good as others.. I have seen dyno's with the GMPP and there was not much improvement.

Th the OP I would suggest getting the K&N + a hydrashield. I know it won't really be getting wet, but the hydrashield will help keep your filter cleaner longer.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
If I slapped an K&N filter on my GMPP would it be just as good as a K&N intake?

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
If I slapped an K&N filter on my GMPP would it be just as good as a K&N intake?
The K&N uses a velocity stack inside the filter to allow them to use a bigger filter. So it would take a few modifications. Also the elbow going in to the throttle body is different.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
grrr dammit i really don't want to spend 200 on another intake lol

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
eh I dunno it feels like the car is suffocating when I'm w0t tho

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
I'm not spending 200 bucks for another intake when I already have one. But also as far as header goes 3 things are my issue with that: warranty, emissions, and CEL. Don't want a CEL, don't want to void warranty, and I wanna make sure it will still make me pass emissions.

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
okay i'm so new at this and i've been trying to catch on as quickly as i can. i have a question...i have a '07 sedan cobalt. the area i live in is basicly dirt. i live on a dirt road and at the house it's becomes REALLY muddy when it rains and sometimes we have dust storms. so...which intake is best for me and also the brand. i was thinking of going with K&N..? PLEASE HELP ME!?!?!?
i def. recommend the k&n too! very, very happy with mine. :love:
as for the dusty roads, the hydra shield is a good idea. and your just gonna have to keep your filter clean regardless of what kind. mud shouldnt be an issue on a short ram. if your not puddle jumping in your cobalt.:bigsmile:

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
i meant the original poster... this was her thread and all

and everybodys so worried about the warranty. your warranty will not be voided unless the part installed by you is the proven cause of any problem or malfunction. so everyone with this warranty issue theres one solution. dont mod your car
:laugh:

·
Registered
446 Posts
Well, since we're all on the subject of intakes......again. I wanted to know if anyone has ever used the jet performance MAF sensor on any intake, and if there would be any difference in the power, response, economy, etc. Looks like a cool upgrade, but would it be effective?

http://www.jetchip.com/Shop/shopdisplayproducts.asp?sppp=10&catID=1

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.