Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was lookin at their staging kits and noticed their stage one kit is guaranteed to produce 11 lbs of boost. Thats kinda weird considering mine makes 12 lbs stock? Could that be a typo or somethin??

·
Registered
673 Posts
I'm sure it's a typo, but I'd stay away from those kits anyway. Canned tunes can spell disaster for your engine because every car is different and if the tune was done in a different climate from where you live you car could really lean out as the temp changes cause catastrophic failure. Your best bet is to get a custom tune.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I guess they guarantee 11 so they're not called for false advertising. I've read those in the higher elevations don't boost as high.....

looking to boost your cars HP? :)

S

·
0 Posts
Intense kits are okay... but the tunes are crap... they run 'em way too lean to get the advertised power numbers out of them. Your best bet is to buy the pieces yourself then go get tuned by someone you trust. There are a lot of variables when tuning the LSJ... and even experienced tuners can miss some if the tuning session isn't thorough enough.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.