Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I did a temporary install tonight with the Aeroforce Interceptor gauge.

The gauge itself is awesome. I have a vac/boost gauge coming later this week that will go in the lower pod. Before I get run out of Dodge for putting a vac/boost gauge on a NA, let me say that I needed to fill the hole and I figured it would be good to have when I do engine upgrades in the next year. So, yeah. Out of curiosity, has anyone run a vac gauge on the 2.2? I heard there's a nipple on manifold somewhere.

Here are my minor gripes. The ZZP sedan pillar is not quite to spec. The fit is a little bit off in a few places. The irritating part is that the airbag cap doesn't sit flush. I heard that was an issue from someone before. I might try to shave down one of the inner tabs to get it to sit flush.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I have a boost gauge if needed. We can look at it and figure out how it fits together.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. Whenever I can snag an evening off I hope to run the power and ground for the other gauge. I saw Coby mention in a post somewhere about possibly being able to run wires, or in my case the vac hose, through the primary wire conduit in the firewall. I'd much prefer to do that since the grommet behind the pedals is already populated with some wires I ran for my turn signals. Shouldn't be too hard, just might take some time.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Be better to get an afr gauge though. Should be a couple points in the firewall to run it.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
i can show you where to run everything...

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

also, you can run your vac gauge into any vac line. most preferred is probably the line going onto the throttle body

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
You don't need the extension. You couldve texted me too... oil pressure and temp are kind of irrelevant imo

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
This. A WB gauge has enough wire to run wherever you're going to put the gauge. And Oil pressure is only good if you run a turbo, and temp, no need for that.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
what 3 could i throw into my NA i dont want to just have the one gauge pillar imo
Narrow Band AFR gauge, Oil Pressure and Volts. Those three would be about the only ones you would even be able to use honestly.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.