Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing the Saab 9-3 turbo swap and wondered if there was anyone else on this forum that has that could post a pic of your cold side intercooler pipe so I can get some ideas. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
What engine are you doing it on, what intake manifold. Much more information is needed to know what charge pipes you want to see.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2008 2.2L i have the Saab aluminum intake and a CX racing core. 28.5x6x2.5 I believe. I have the Saab pipe that goes from the turbo to the cooler but need the rest. Also if someone could snap a pic of how the turbo is mounted so I can get an idea of what to order to do the exhaust that would be awesome.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
It should be close to any LNF turbo setup.

I'd think the downpipe would be similar to that of an LNF.

If you have room on the passengers side of the Saab intake manifold it'd probably be easiest to route the piping up to it if not you're going to have to do something more like this, over and up.

I'm personally doing a turbo swap soon and running a TTR intake manifold, my hot side charge pipes is running under the engine to the FMIC left side and the cold side is going up the drivers side to the TB. At this point of modification you should expect to have to make at the very least custom piping.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, that helps a lot. I haven't mocked up anything because parts just came in. I am assuming I will have to can both pipes but wanted something to go off of so I knew what to order. I will look more at it tonight.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
For my setup I just ordered cheap aluminum charge pipes on eBay, I don't see how those can be worse than any other as long as their mandrel bent beside the actual wall thickness. Luckily I have a friend that'll weld them together for me so I just made sure to buy non coated ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.