Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in buying an 08 Chevy Cobalt from someone I work with. I do not know much about these vehicles, but I was wondering if anyone could inform me on things I need to know or watch out for when looking into getting a vehicle like this. any help is very much appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I am interested in buying an 08 Chevy Cobalt from someone I work with. I do not know much about these vehicles, but I was wondering if anyone could inform me on things I need to know or watch out for when looking into getting a vehicle like this. any help is very much appreciated.
What kind of mileage?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
get an SS!!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Just check everything on the front end, intermediate steering shaft U-joint, inner and outer tie-rods, lower control arm pancake bushings, ball joints, end-links and saddle bushings.

Do you know what was done to the car at all?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am actually just looking for a daily driver and wanted to ask people who are experienced what they thought. A lot of the small stuff is being fixed on it at the moment. Fuel filter, oil, tires timing chain and everything like that. I believe the motor had some small issues, but those are being fixed as well and the model is an LS.

·
Gawd of Thunda!
1,336 Posts
I am actually just looking for a daily driver and wanted to ask people who are experienced what they thought. A lot of the small stuff is being fixed on it at the moment. Fuel filter, oil, tires timing chain and everything like that. I believe the motor had some small issues, but those are being fixed as well and the model is an LS.
I got the base model cobalt, and it's got about 115000 miles on it and still runs like a charm, no problems and nothing bad to say about them. Just got to treat err right

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
I have the base model and I have around 130,000 miles. It also runs great. I do all the maintenance BEFORE it should be done though. Make sure it was taken care of.

2005 cobalt base model coupe

·
Registered
279 Posts
My name should be wishigotacobaltss. I got a LS with a auto. But it's reliable as he'll minus the $150 fuel line I just had to replace because it had a rusted hole in it. It's a 2005 with 169,000 miles on it and id drive it across the country without a problem

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The car itself looks pretty clean and runs decent. I just didn't know if there were any known issues with n 08 Cobalt LS.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
he has issues that you will never run in to, he has a very uncommon cobalt

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
I'm surprised nobody mentioned the electric power steering motor crapping out. It's under recall so it won't cost you a dime, though it might surprise you on some idle Tuesday morning while turning a corner. Look out. Make sure the motor was swapped out or have it done at the owner's earliest convenience.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.