Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi. I have a silver cobalt LT sedan. I am looking to paint the inside, to make it look interesting. But i do not know how and what color. any ideas?

also outside styling? i searched the forums and i did not find much. any one have any ideas or any pictures of their cobalts to get inspired with?
thanks!:)

·
Registered
869 Posts
Search the VBGarage to find some ideas. Other than that post some pics of your car so we can get a visual on some good ideas.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are some pictures. There is a stripe along the sides. There was lil paint chips so the Chevy dealership put stripes on the side inside of repainting the car it self. I am going to tint the tail lights and the windows but i want to do more. I'm open to suggestions. thanks so much!

This is the back of my cobalt^

This is the front^

Passenger side^

Drivers Side^

Inside^

·
Registered
869 Posts
I think your emblems would look great either black/dark blue. Get rid of that absurdly long antenna lol. Tint the windows. I like that side stripe. You can look at JustMiller's car to get some ideas for interior paint.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
i like the colored bowtie idea. how do I check a car domain? im semi new at this :)

I would like to paint the inside. what color do u think i should use? silver is a lil tricky

oceaneyedbabe15 added 1 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

nevermind, i found the cardomain haha

oceaneyedbabe15 added 7 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

WOW PLUR i love your cobalt. It looks amazing! I wanna do something on the inside similar to ur black but idk if i want black.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Heres mine as suggested:

·
Registered
97 Posts
go to your local advance auto parts or any auto parts store and get some automotive Dupli-Color spray paint. its usually like 4-5 dollars a can. you can use that along with some Dupli-Color clear spray paint afterward to make it more shiny. id go with a blue in your car that would look sweet .. or some black/silver

·
Registered
165 Posts
Thanks! Yeah I originally had silver but I bought it used and some spots were chipped, so i went to repaint in silver and it didn't go so well bc i used the wrong paint...so just messing around I went with blue and I liked the outcome. Its called "Bahama Blue" made by dupli-clor, I bought the bigger can bc its only a buck more.

as for the antenna....
I cheated and bought one that goes with the ford focus for 5 bucks off of ebay. It was a ***** to get on bc theres wasnt a bolt at the bottom and obviously wasnt made for my car but it was cheap and I get better reception that big goofy cobalt antenna. I got the idea from another cobalt owner who bought the same antenna. Only problem is it doesnt match the car, but Im keeping it silver until i get my black rims, which wont be for a looong time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol..thanks. i thought so. i cant wait to start on my car. i have to wait for a nice day so i can work on it. OH question, is tinting the taillights/headlights illegal? my friend told me they are but i don't know if hes bsing me.

·
Registered
97 Posts
it probably is illegal in your state but most cops wont care unless they are havin a bad day.. as long as you can still see the brake lights light up behind the tint you should be ok.

workinprogress added 0 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

oh .. plur.. you care to elaborate on your own shorty antenna creation? for example: how you did it lol

·
Registered
485 Posts
it probably is illegal in your state but most cops wont care unless they are havin a bad day.. as long as you can still see the brake lights light up behind the tint you should be ok.

workinprogress added 0 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

oh .. plur.. you care to elaborate on your own shorty antenna creation? for example: how you did it lol
Used a dremel and cutting wheel. Wrapped electrical tape around where I was gonna cut it at, cut it off, sanded it down where I cut it, then went to autozone and got these little rubber cap things (don't know what they're called) and put one on the end. You can't even tell that all I did was cut it

·
Registered
69 Posts
What kind of bulbs you have for your car???? I have projectors makes the look way better. But thats a matter of opinion.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
ok i have decided, navy/silver. how do i go about doing this??? and if i dont like it, is the paint removable???

oceaneyedbabe15 added 15 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

im also gunna color my radio/hvac controls blue.
i cant wait to see the outcome of this.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Search up threads on how to paint it, there a lot of them around here. As for your question on removing paint well.... If you don't like it you can either repaint it after sanding it, OR use paint thinner (I havent tried this but I heard it works well). I originally did mine silver but i used the wrong paint so it bubbled up after i put on clearcoat. So I sanded them and repainted blue with the proper paint.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Stripes look really good,, but invest in a screwdriver or a crowbar if necessary and dump that hideous front plate surround... what ever you call it..... ALOHA to that!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.