Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so today i bought some paint and was going to try and paint my interior black but on the first spray i didnt like it because the one i chose didnt look anywhere near OEM. So i think i am going to just buy the panels because i'm not that artistic. HOWEVER, i was wanting to put power locks and windows in the car but that just seems out of reach and everywhere i call around they said its probably not a good idea. so i'm going to save my money for something else not to sure (any one have ideas on that ) but the real question is. since the rest of my interior will be bought black, do they make a black door panel for manual locks and windows? or is my only option is that i have to paint it ?

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
so today i bought some paint and was going to try and paint my interior black but on the first spray i didnt like it because the one i chose didnt look anywhere near OEM. So i think i am going to just buy the panels because i'm not that artistic. HOWEVER, i was wanting to put power locks and windows in the car but that just seems out of reach and everywhere i call around they said its probably not a good idea. so i'm going to save my money for something else not to sure (any one have ideas on that ) but the real question is. since the rest of my interior will be bought black, do they make a black door panel for manual locks and windows? or is my only option is that i have to paint it ?
who said this and why? I'm gonna try to pick up OEM power window mechanisms from a junk yard and just put them in my door, attach them to some OEM switches (either off ebay or also from junkyard) and take the harness too to make it as OEM as possible. Hopefully I'll be able to find all the parts and make it work though

as for the door panels i'm not sure if they come in black or not. i have the lighter off-white/tan/gray color ones.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all the junk yards around here told me that and the gm dealership here plus a few bigger places that i've called around too.. i think im just going to but a kit off ebay but idk how good they are.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.