Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, the chrome plating stuff is starting to come off my door handle and idk what I should do with it, I'm thinking I could take it off and wrap both of them in the 3m di-noc stuff when I do all my dash pieces. but give me some ideas guys.

·
Registered
985 Posts
dealer should fix it if its under warranty since its a safety concern (just tell them you cut yourself on it, if you haent yet...you will)

I was going to paint mine, but just replaced them. Painting would be my vote since the wrap will probably peel off with all the wear and touching they get

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot man!!!!! Is it pretty easy to get it off or what all do you have to do, I might do a how to it something while I'm doing it

·
Registered
168 Posts
Looking around you might be able to get it out with a screw driver but you might have to take the door panel off. But the door panel isnt too bad to do. Ive never done it though. I had my handles replaced under warranty.
Maybe someone else will chime in.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Fairly easy if you have the proper tools and patience. Do not use Visegrips lol

·
Registered
985 Posts
Right, no need to take off the door panel, though it makes it a lot easier to put back on.

Taking it apart once it out is easy too, just push a pin through really. getting it back together takes a lot of patience however. I fixed both my handles in about an hour and piecing them back together was about 45 mins of that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.