Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone kno how one can clean the interior seats and side materal by the controls for the power windows and locks?? mine need cleaning bad and idk how to do it.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Hmm... I use armor all on my dash and doors. For the seats, they stain like crazy and hard to clean, but I take a shop vac to my seats and vaccum the crap out of them, rubbing where any stains are, and it helps. There must be some fabric stain remover in the car care aisle at our local hardware store.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I spot cleaned my seats last night with some standard Upholstery cleaner from Canadian Tire. That's all you pretty much need, unless the entire seat is soiled. If that's the case, Bissel makes a Carpet and Upholstery cleaner that you use in a machine of theirs- I've yet to try it, but it is the only way I've seen to personally clean huge areas of material.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Browse the aisles at your local auto parts store or Wal Mart, all sorts of products out there that clean interior, from fabric to leather.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ive tried upholstery cleaner and it didnt work. my seatsare light grey and they get super dirty. idk wah to so. ive looked for cleaners but none work it sucks

·
Registered
188 Posts
If your seats are getting so dirty to the point that a steam cleaner is the only solution that often, your problem probably lies in just taking care of the car itself, hah.

But seriously, if you use the small bottles of cleaners and stuff with the scrub top, just follow their instructions completely. If one of them says "Vacuum, spray, scrub, leave sit for 15 minutes, vacuum again" then that's exactly what you need to do for it to work properly. I'm just saying this because not only do I know people who just spray it on and scrub it off and then dry it, but I've done it myself.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
seat covers...I noticed mine were getting way to nasty way too fast, so I just bought some covers. as for the door panel, I recovered that too. :)

I tried to clean up the seat but it seemed like they would stain from nothing. I just had to nip that one in the butt. Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.