Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i bought blue led interior underglow to put where my feet go with a switch. i hooked everything up hit the switch to on an nuthing. i was just wondering if anyones installed these and what did they hook it up too. i may have messed up on the wireing

·
Registered
6 Posts
did you ground it?? i've installed some before..put in an inline fuse and ran it straight to the battery..you can also put it into your fuse box as well..did you make the switch yourself?? or did it come with one?

·
Registered
166 Posts
on mine i put the switch next to the feet air vent on the drivers side... then i grounded it to the inside under the cupholder... and ran my live wire to my battery prong thing in the front of the car... thats all the wireing i have....

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i did ground it and no i didnt make the switch myself. i bought one. anyways i did ground it to a bolt unterneath the cupholder, and i conected it to the fuse box, not the battery

·
Registered
394 Posts
Which fuse did you run into? interior dome light is the best fuse to run into, imo. as long as they are LEDs and not neons.

·
Registered
133 Posts
i spliced into the cig lighter then the fuse panel by your feet there is a screw when you take the fuse panel off just chilling there thats where i grounded it

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cant get any pics up because i cant seem to find the computer cable but can anyone show me how they did it?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
i ran a wire from my terminal under the hood through the firewall to a rocker switch that is mounted in my lower dash panel (near where the door is with the trunk button). That wire has a 15 amp in line fuse attached under the hood. Then i have another power wire from the rocker switch to the LEDs, and the LED ground wire attached to the body behind the panels, the rocker switch also has a ground wire run to the body in the same spot, bc its illuminated. This way the current from the terminal only flows to the LEDs when I flip the rocker switch. This is also where i have my fogs wired in. I can try and take pictures.... But for now hope this helps.

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.