Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm finally going to order some LED lights. I've seen the same interior light color forever so I've never experienced anything different (except for the dash lights). Has anyone not liked the new color after changing over? I have a sunroof so my car just has the maplights under the mirror. If I like these, I'm going to add something to the back so it's not dark back there.

Also, while searching the site before I posted, I came across a thread where some people mentioned that their didn't totally turn off - http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/interior-exterior-styling/19216-interior-lights.html

Any comments about this?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Mine turn off completely.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I think that was an issue outside of just installing led's. Haven't put them inside the car yet but definitely am!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I love mine, my setup is very practical. Strips in trunk and under dash, single LEDs in each cup holders that come on with door or at will from fog lamp switch. (no fog lamps yet)

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I had some under the dash. They were kind of cool at first, but after a while I began to feel like I was reliving my high school days so I took them out. At some point I'd love to do some stock replacements though.

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
Yeah, mine don't turn off all the way, or at least in the dome light. My thought is the regular bulb had a minimal voltage to it when "off" so it could fire up faster - the LED requires less power to operate, so that small amount makes it dimly glow.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Would a resistor down wire solve this problem? I'm not great at electrical so dont hate on me if I'm asking a dumb question.

·
Registered
985 Posts
just keep the map light bulbs in (assuming you tap into that wire) and it acts as a resistor and removes the afterglow youre talking about. same in the trunk

and the difference is night and day. i have pics in my showoff thread i think if you want a before and after in the front and back

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Mine under the dash have the minimal afterglow also, my dome light has no afterglow. I love my lights, doesn't look like a dungeon at night anymore.

·
Registered
383 Posts
i have blue through out to (dome,trunk and map) and looks really cool but can be a little hard to see at night but after awhile you'll get used to it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just keep the map light bulbs in (assuming you tap into that wire) and it acts as a resistor and removes the afterglow youre talking about. same in the trunk

and the difference is night and day. i have pics in my showoff thread i think if you want a before and after in the front and back
Do you have a link to that? I scrolled through about 4 pages of your posts (you post alot! :) ) and didn't see it.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.