Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my interior lights are on my rearview mirror and i took of the caps to get to the lightbubls but i cant seem to pull them out, anyone have any advice, i dont want to use plyers because i dont want to break the light bulb

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
I dont have the owners manual or repair manual here, have you tried pushing in and turning them, that may work. Other than that I dont know.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Take a pair of curved tongs and go behind the bulbs, they will shoot right out.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the advice they came out, but now i ran into another problem. i put the blue ones in and they look good. but when the car is off and locked the lights turn off but if you look at them very close, they are still on

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
thanks for the advice they came out, but now i ran into another problem. i put the blue ones in and they look good. but when the car is off and locked the lights turn off but if you look at them very close, they are still on
yahh mine dome light does that too

i dont know what causes it. did you sway with LED's?

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
If they are LED's, sometimes they take a while to finally go out. At least the LED bulbs in my house do.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea i went with LED but i dont have a dome light. my lights are in my reirview mirror. how long would you say it takes for the lights to turn off 100%?

·
Registered
394 Posts
don't worry about your lights turning off. LEDs drain much less power, and likewise need less power to stay lit. if you really want them off, unplug your battery. don't worry about it draining the battery - i've left my interior LED strips on all night many times, never had a problem.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i took them off ill try tomorrow, if they dont turn off after im done my first period class im putting the stock ones back in :(

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
the only thing i dont like about them not turning off all the way is that when the domelight is set to the setting to where the door opens the light turns on. when im driving around it is still lit dimly

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
don't worry about your lights turning off. LEDs drain much less power, and likewise need less power to stay lit. if you really want them off, unplug your battery. don't worry about it draining the battery - i've left my interior LED strips on all night many times, never had a problem.

Did the same with the LED's on the bike many times, and bike started up next morning fine.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Oh, ok. so they never die down and go off at all either, then there is something wrong someplace.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
ok i took them out and tried them the otherway and they die down the lights are lit but no glow. even when i tunen the car off and lock it i went to work and when i finsihed they were still on. the lights dont turn off im guessing. btw does anyone know why they dont turn off 100%?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.