Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cobalt has the black interior with the pillars and headliner being tan and I was thinking about taking the pillars out and painting them black and using fabric paint make the headliner black. I was wondering if anyone else has done this and if so do you have pictures on how it turned out

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
I took the fron tpillars off and painted them gray to match the blue exteriror more. Turned out pretty good. No pics yet though.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Couldnt find Krylon fusion in gray so I used some leftover gray paint that I had from another project that I got from O reilly's. Been on about year and half now and no issues, I did clear coat the pillars also.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
I've seen someone who went all black like you're thinking and it looked REALLY good.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I haven't painted anything on the inside of this car (and not going to either), but I did paint Everything on the inside of my camry, including the headliner...I used heat paint (engine paint) and had no probs...I did use "interior auto paint" when I first started and it peeled right off...but like I said I used the high heat paint that u use to paint under ur hood with and had no probs...even 2 years after I did it and sold it it was still all in perfect condition...I do have pics on cardomain...user name is eviljoker_666 if I remember correctly

·
Registered
236 Posts
i painted the front pillars in my car with krylon fusion satin black a few months ago and its holding up great. i plan to do the rear pillars and headliner one of these days, just havent had time or the extra $$

now that i think about it, i had all the pillars painted in my old cobalt sedan with the same brand and color paint, never had a problem with it. the headliner is a whole different story tho lol

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
i painted the front pillars in my car with krylon fusion satin black a few months ago and its holding up great. i plan to do the rear pillars and headliner one of these days, just havent had time or the extra $$

now that i think about it, i had all the pillars painted in my old cobalt sedan with the same brand and color paint, never had a problem with it. the headliner is a whole different story tho lol
Those pillars are fine to paint..they don't get abused and touched and stuff like that. You know what I mean. My glove box was scratched to hell.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I say go for it with the pillars, but I would suggest just getting the headliner professionally re-upholstered in black. Would look soooo much better, at least thats what I plan on doing eventually.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Those pillars are fine to paint..they don't get abused and touched and stuff like that. You know what I mean. My glove box was scratched to hell.
yeah i know what ya mean, when i traded my sedan in it had a few battle scars on the interior, not so much the glove box but the door panels were a bit beat up, center console too. i know i'll never paint my cars interior again, seemed like a good idea at the time but what a mess in the end. i've seen the car around a few times, there's a car seat in the back so who knows what that interior looks like now :blink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.