1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Paint!

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
lol, good luck affording a hydrodipping machine. Gotta know someone, gonna cost me about $200 to do my trim and valve cover.

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

I would suggest plastic spray paint until you decide you want to spend some serious money.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Its called a interior kit..
No dude don't do it. It's awful. I had the interior kit and its vinyl right? Stuff sucks, good material but it doesn't fully cover any of the trim pieces. Had it when I first started modding a bit and it was a bad experience. It has like these opening cheaply filled in for the SS option and they show so badly. I painted my trim not knoing anything about painting. Just go with that and save yourself the headache.

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hydro dipping defiantly the way to go looks super custom. I wanna get that done
No dude don't do it. It's awful. I had the interior kit and its vinyl right? Stuff sucks, good material but it doesn't fully cover any of the trim pieces. Had it when I first started modding a bit and it was a bad experience. It has like these opening cheaply filled in for the SS option and they show so badly. I painted my trim not knoing anything about painting. Just go with that and save yourself the headache.
Oh ok i guess:/

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Gotta pay to play.

Spend the money right the first time and don't half ass it.

How many times I gotta tell you kids you get what you pay for, lol.

Hydrodipping is legit as it gets.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
^ that. I see so many people half ass do things around here then wonder why it doesn't look good or their car isn't running right.

Don't be a fool just do it right the first time!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok well i got a lil idea that i was thinkin of. What if i take the dash apart and sand it with a fine sand sponge or paper and then spray paint it with a krylon plastic spray paint and gloss? And i was thinking of lil cool design to match the seat covers so it would be black white n blue ? And any one know any type of design tape i can use to make the designs on it were i cut it and paint the design on it i know its not duck tape lol

·
Registered
922 Posts
Do not paint the whole interior. It will look like shit. I did that to mine when I painted my interior trim, and the interior panels looked like shit a month later. The trim looks great still and i painted that over 4 years ago.

This is my trim before I painted the interior

Here it is right after painting the interior.

Other random parts.

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Trust me do not paint the interior panels with vinyl and fabric paint. Thats how I did mine the first 4 times, and it looked great for the first 2 months or so, and then its start to wear off. I redid my interior panels with high solids 2 part polyurethane aircraft paint about a year ago, and that seems to be the only paint that has held up. Problem with that is that I don't know if you can just go out and buy that paint. I got it from where I work, I'm an Aircraft Mechanic/Painter.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.