Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me again! Look at that. Anyways I want glow at my feet. So for interior what do you thinks better? Brighter cleaner easier to install etc. What length bars I should get you know the works. Maybe post pics if your ambitious

·
Registered
144 Posts
I had LED's in my Thunderbird, by far the cleanist and brightest light, it's more direct. The neons give off kind of a "glow" when they light up so I found they gave out more light kinda, had them installed in my truck. I like the look of both personally. Preference, i'd go with LED's, they draw a bit less power, but they light up alot of you angle them right. Under the dash in a Cobalt, probably do.... 8 or 10 inch

·
Registered
199 Posts
Go with l.e.d.s they are a lot more durable then neons. there is a set at advance auto parts you can buy its two 12 inch flexible l.e.d. strips that have 3m tape on the back and I wired mine straight to the fuse box with no switch i got an add a fuse and put them on the windshield wipers fuse so they are on when the car is on

here is what they look like

·
Registered
394 Posts
LEDglow x2. my only recommendation is to either get the specific color you want so all you have to do is turn it on, or get the wireless remote unit.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've been using Neon tubes for "big glow" areas like under the feet wells and such, and LEDs for little areas like cup holders and such. The one thing I can tell you for sure is the LEDs last MUCH longer then neon tubes. I've replaced each of my neon tubes at least twice over the last 4 years. I've never replaced a LED though.

·
Registered
429 Posts
i had boughten theselittle LEDs at autozone for like 20$ for a pack of 4,and they are real small but shine real bright and make the whole floor glow depending on where you put them. so if you want easy installation and not to pay alot of money then id say go for that.they come in packs of four,i got 2 packs for 40$ cause i used 4 for the front of the floor and 2 for the back,and then i used 2 for my trunk.and they look great considering how small they are

·
Registered
296 Posts
had neon's in my cav and they were bulky as hell, i got LEDS in the balt, and they are brighter, i am prob gonna add another set in the back but haven't totally decided.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.