Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

interior neons

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Snake890217 
#1 ·
i installed two led strips under my dash today and connected them to a rocker switch which is hardwired to the battery. what is the easiest way to hide the wires since they go all the way from the front to the trunk of the car. and if it involves removing panels or seats can you please say how

#3 ·
Ok, here are a couple of easy things to do for interior lighting:

1. You can choose to remove the rear lighter plug, and tap the wires off of that, installing either a toggle switch there, or just use a lighter adapter.....

2. The post for the battery terminal under the hood IS powered, so instead of going through the interior to the battery, instead, run the wires under the dash, through the hole in the door frame that leads into the quarter panel, tracing it into the engine bay........then just connect your posi to the post, and the negative, you ground to the frame at a body bolt(like the shock tower)......Mount your switch under the steering wheel on the knee panel, and you are set!

#5 ·
I ran my rear interiors from there, but the front underdash were from the powered post up front

#6 ·
i got my leds from ledunderbody.com/
it has a button for on and off and mode and all that
put the wire around the back seats and inbetween the center consul by the passenger and driver seats. you only see a little bit of wire

i had to buy more black and red wire for the remote because there wasnt enough to go from my trunk to the ebrake area but other than that its fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.