Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I'm the new guy. So hi. Yes I did do some searching but I couldn't find quite what I was looking for. Anyway.

I have a base 05 Cobalt Sedan. I'm officially out of warranty as of a month ago so I started to tinker with my car

To be frank, I hate the grey interior. Hate it. I want the black one. Now for some reason the top of my dash is black but every other piece of trim is grey.

So I want to do the bottom of the dash, the entire center console, A,B,C pillars, headliner, rear deck lid, seats, door sill covers and doors in black. What would you say the best way is to accomplish this?

I looked around and I can do both the bottom dash and center console with oem parts in ebony for $250 give or take. But since I have a sedan I'm lost when it comes to the door panels, headliner, pillars, door sill covers and seats

Any direction would be very helpful. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
well as far as the fabric goes, please dont paint it(ive seriously seen painted seats and headliner) if you really want black seats and whatnot, maybe check a junkyard for some ss parts you could get cheap. otherwise, you would be looking at re wrapping everything

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I've been in the shadows reading. This site is alot like CSS.net. Makes me want to spend an ungodly amount of money

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmm... well I have't ventured too far out of the electronics section as far as that goes I had nothing but good experiences. But it's irrelevant. To each his own I guess.

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
welcome and as far as redoing your interior you have a few options. 1st you can go to the junkyard get most of what you need for a decent price.almost all of the interior pieces just snap out so it is not that hard to do. second you can paint all the plastic pieces with krylon fusion spray paint (made for plastic). As "09cobaltlt" said DO NOT paint any fabric. Just get that stuff from a junkyard. hope that helps steer ya in the right direction

·
Registered
101 Posts
dont paint the fabric looks gay like a merge of black and gray i should know i painted my door panels and i was gonna replace the fabric so i didnt cover them but best thing to do is paint ur panels with krylon fusion spray paint as Cobaltxfe09 said

·
mmmm rice<3
837 Posts
First off I'm the new guy. So hi. Yes I did do some searching but I couldn't find quite what I was looking for. Anyway.

I have a base 05 Cobalt Sedan. I'm officially out of warranty as of a month ago so I started to tinker with my car

To be frank, I hate the grey interior. Hate it. I want the black one. Now for some reason the top of my dash is black but every other piece of trim is grey.

So I want to do the bottom of the dash, the entire center console, A,B,C pillars, headliner, rear deck lid, seats, door sill covers and doors in black. What would you say the best way is to accomplish this?

I looked around and I can do both the bottom dash and center console with oem parts in ebony for $250 give or take. But since I have a sedan I'm lost when it comes to the door panels, headliner, pillars, door sill covers and seats

Any direction would be very helpful. Thanks in advance
i wanna do this too, i gotta coupe. butt, im wayy too lazy. so lemme kno how it goes for ya :toung:

·
Registered
277 Posts
check kill cobalts how to on painting the interior and painting in general.

As for the carpet and headliner, you may have to re wrap in a new material or paint. I have no experience with painted fabric, but shanks did a project like yours and it looked real good.

·
Registered
8 Posts
the headliner isnt too much trouble to do yourself, but as others have said junkyard the seats, fabric is not ment to be painted....and that is exactly how it will look if you try.

·
Registered
236 Posts
i painted my sedan's interior black with red dash trim, recovered the door inserts with red vinyl, recovered the rear deck with black vinyl, and got black seats from a pontiac G5. definately a huge difference and improvement over the gray interior. and so far all is holding up well! its not quite done yet tho. good luck with your project!

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
im almost done with mine and i need 2 more peices other than the doors and sills and everytime someone on here does a junk yard run, something happens and i still haven't gotten the final 2 pieces grrrrrrrr lol

·
Registered
328 Posts
thanks for recommending my write up!!! glad i can help! any questions feel free to ask!

·
Registered
101 Posts
junk yards here where i live suck cant find crap trying to fix my balt and cant find any of the parts i need so to each his own cause doing junk yards here really gives me a headache haha

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.