Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, its been raining nonstop here! the last day it wasnt raining, I had to try and clean my car. lol then it rained again so heres the best pics I got for my updated interior. I know you cant really see EVERYTHING but for now this will do... hope this weekend I can get some outside pics well see!

ENJOY

more things coming soon!

·
Registered
319 Posts
beautiful

·
Registered
680 Posts
Very nice! Keep up the great mods lol

·
Registered
611 Posts
is the door panel painted or did you replace the fabric where the arm rest is?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
i want black interior but dont wana recover my arm piece because i dont trust my self

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
holy crap lol i wasnt expecting such a response... im glad everyone likes what im doing i appreciate all the compliments its always nice when you work hard and get this kind of reaction. thanks to everyone who checked this out!

now on to the questions...

the paint isnt really a "vinyl" paint its kinda like a flexible color coat for plastics the brand is SEM comes in a spray can ...alittle adhesion promoter some color and then i went over it with a dulled down clear (except my green thats all car paint) for added protection and it also makes it easier to clean.

garrett your a funny guy lmao thanks!

ARCA and stripes thanks!

Krazed thanks and yes it took along time goin on a year now and i got one more panel to paint and then redo my passanger door panel then onto other aspects of the interior...and yea i like the green to i just wanted to do something alittle different than the typical colors i mean every now and then i wish i picked something different but thats expected... i still love it!

burnt, thanks for checkin it out!

all good, thanks glad you like it! i know you know all about some hard work heh

blackLS thanks i got more mods coming!

ndbalt, yes its all painted nothing on it is original i replaced the fabric with black vinyl.

cobalt08 i also thought about going black interior but i felt it wasnt "me" lol i wanted something alittle different so i came up with this ..recovering the armrest is fairly simple the hardest part is getting the damn thing back in...

thanks again to everyone who checked this out!

·
Registered
911 Posts
nice job, from one painter to another \m/

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:D thanks!

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
I figured when you were done I would love it, and I do. The color scheme is freaking awesome. Simple, tasteful, and stylish.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
yea i was thinking going white too but im afraid of stuff geting dirty.
and i refuse to recover the insert my self bc i know ill get it all out and stuff and never get it back in.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks will!! i totally understand appreciating simplicity lol... its so easy to get carried away with oh ill make this green and this knob and this vent and this clip and this part white and this part blue and this orange lol my whole concept was thinging about the interior like the outside of a car... 2 tone black on top white on bottom and the green would be the "pinstripe accent" so if you look at my dash my trim is what breaks up the color something bright that offsets the color scheme...

glad you like it!

cobalt08, it does get dirty easy if your not careful but considering no one is ever in my car except me its easier to watch out... plus with the clear i have on it, it makes it easier to clean off.... i do have a few little scuffs here and there but its mainly just daily use stuff and easy fixes...

even with the whole interior being almost all painted... i still think my favorite mod is my green gear shift indicator lmao its so sneaky and no one would ever see it its perfect! ha

the little things count!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yes everything is painted except the top of my dash

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.