Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i got a hold of a can of auto paint that is the same as my cobalts exterior color (stealth grey) wich is somewhat of a blue (Iknow, retarted name right?) Anywho i was thinking of painting my interior trim, from that ugly silver, to match the color of my car.. Any opinions on the idea? i noticed almost Nobody on here has done this, and i think it'd look pretty cool

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Good idea, most people are either doing black, a regular gray, or another contrasting color. Matching the exterior would work well.

·
Bamble Ramble!!!!
567 Posts
I'm thinking of doing the same with mine...just gotta find that rally yellow paint..er one that's damn near like it

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
I'm thinking of doing the same with mine...just gotta find that rally yellow paint..er one that's damn near like it
Take your paint code to O Reilly's and they can make up some spray paint for the car. You will need to buy a special sprayer, but they can special make the paint for you.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I've done it. I'd say go for a contrasting color lol. I'm planning on changing mine because I got rather sick of it

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
yea i like the contrasting/unique color for trim.. it makes it pop a little more.. but depending on the color of your car sometimes color matching looks better. for instance, bright colored cars look better with matching while the neutral blacks and gray colors look better with contrasting.. just my .02 but post pics when done either way!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
yea i like the contrasting/unique color for trim.. it makes it pop a little more.. but depending on the color of your car sometimes color matching looks better. for instance, bright colored cars look better with matching while the neutral blacks and gray colors look better with contrasting.. just my .02 but post pics when done either way!
My cars quite a unique color in my area dont see it too often, and anyhting is better then my ugly silver trim. that shit makes me wanna cry. And yes im actually doing a blacknblue thing with my car. the color really flatters black. Black tails black head black h/u black hvac seatcovers soon etcetc. And surely ill post pics. one of these days ill make a showoff thread before i take my prettywheels off for the winter =(

·
Registered
183 Posts
where did you find the spray paint for that grey?
i have the same colour balt and wana do my interior trim... thanks!
ps im in canada

·
Cornier Than Ethanol
866 Posts
I saw yours, it looks pretty good. your one of the few exceptions.

And bumble ya cant really miss jus find some bright yellow haha your color is a simple mix
Thanks. And yeah, I have about a half pint of Rally Yellow left from my paint job, so if I can get a gun, I'm gonna re-shoot it. Unless, my "other" plan works out for me. bwahahaha

But, yellow sucks in general. To even get it to look like it did, I laid down yellow as primer too - two coats of it. And then did about 5 top coats - light, light, medium, medium, heavy. Then 3 coats of clear. lol This is why we didn't go with Lambo yellow and reshoot all the remaining original yellow on the car when we did the work. Too much work, and I was in a time crunch! lol Maybe next year...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
where did you find the spray paint for that grey?
i have the same colour balt and wana do my interior trim... thanks!
ps im in canada
Yours is that Blue right? like a grey blue? if so your paint code is WA928L. To be safe check under the carpet in your trunk on that sticker. Trust me i tested this paint, the color is dead on

Automotivetouchup.com Touch Up Paint, Aerosol Spray Paint and Paint Touch Up Accessories

/\Yellow - Yeah but i think it came out pretty sick. whats your new plan?

·
Cornier Than Ethanol
866 Posts
Thanks. Let's just say, I'm thinking fiberglass. Don't quite know where yet. But, I don't like the right trim pieces being three separate pieces. lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.