Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first got my 08 Colbalt LS 2.2 litre, I had an issue with starting. I would put the key in, all lights and radio would come on and then lights would go out like normal. I would turn the key and nothing. I would wait 2-3 mins and try again and same thing. After a few times it would eventually start no problem. This issue went away for 3 years and it is now back with a vengeance. It happened last night after work and it has happened again this morning before work. No security light comes on but I have a funny feeling its something to do with my security module.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Check all of your grounds. One of them is probably not making proper contact.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Try unplugging your battery for 15 minutes then plugging it back in to see weather or not that will help with the fix of your car. A relearn may fix it.

And Welcome btw! :)

·
Chevy Customer Service
794 Posts
Welcome to the forum, SPuDS!
Hopefully you're able to resolve this concern with the excellent tips already provided. If you should need to get anything looked into at a dealership, please don't hesitate to contact me as I'm available to assist in whatever ways I can.
Sarah, GM Customer Service

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Sounds like you have a bad ignition switch. Do you have a CEL? because a low battery voltage can also cause your problem and even make it hard to remove the key. Check battery connection to make sure it's clean and tight.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for all the advice, I'll give it all a whirl and see what happens..

Not sure what the CEL is though..

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

Try unplugging your battery for 15 minutes then plugging it back in to see weather or not that will help with the fix of your car. A relearn may fix it.

And Welcome btw! :)

thanks for the welcome.. I'll try this after checking all my grounds as well..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.